This simply could NOT have been made possible without the enormous encouragement and presence of the inestimable Cosmic Explorer. I urge each of you to rummage about her blog, poke about in the closets, dig through the cupboards, but please return your host to their original upright position before departing (and signing the guest registry).
And now for the “rules” which I am subject to forget or ignore, based on the amount and quality of coffee I have consumed.
For all those being nominated for the award, if you choose to accept it (which I hope you will) then please write a post to share the award, answering the following set of questions and nominating any number of bloggers you feel deserve the award.
These are not questions regarding the blogging life. Just a few questions that had always fascinated Cosmic Explorer.
- What is your idea on true love? True love is a decision we make daily whereby we choose to express our love and affection for others. Feelings of love will change, but true love regenerates those feelings. True love is as simple as a smile shared to a kiss that sends electricity through your soul from your head to your toes. True love is the desire to share yourself completely with another person so completely that you meld together not just physically but you can tell what they are thinking and feeling from a single knowing look.
- What is easier? To love or to be loved?
To love is to do be given and received. One without the other is not love.
- Do you believe that we only have one life or do you believe in reincarnation?
I believe we only get this one life and we need to live each day fully.
- What do you think is the meaning of life? The meaning of life is, I believe, different for each person specifically, but the overall meaning of life is to share it with others. In so doing we can leave this Earth a better place.
- Are you the same person you was five years ago?
I’m a retired Superhero. Bits of me are the same, but most have gotten a mite curmudgeonly and cranky before coffee.
- How do you know you are not dreaming right now? Because if I were dreaming, my flying ninja unicorn would have taken me to my secret lair in the Caribbean and my minions would be pampering me with coffee and other delectable goodies. Not to mention, I would be the Pirate King and be adored by my crew!
- What is the best dream you had that you want it to come true?
See the answer above and add having a someone who truly will love me forever (not in that creepy, stalkery way) and an endless supply of BOOKS to read.
- If you could time travel, where would you go? To the future or to the past? I rather like where I am currently. I have no wish to return to a time when toilet paper was not available and bathing was only once a year. Nor do I wish to move forward to a time where one is microchipped and tracked for the amusement of the All Wise And Wonderful Salamander.
- If you could be any super hero or any famous person dead or alive for a day, who would you choose? As I stated prior, I was once a superhero, not retired. My superpower was to share smiles and encouragement with those I met. However, my nemesis, Apathy, undermined my efforts so I opted to retire. Plus my tights made me look rather lumpy and unwieldy, so I have now retired to comfy clothing that renders the unpleasant bits unviewable.
- If you could choose to change something about this world, what would it be? I would change the attitude that seems to be prevalent in our world whereby we aren’t to concerned about working together to bring about positive changes for ALL people.
And, being that I am unorthodox when it comes to following the rules, I am not nominating anyone specifically. Instead, if you are actually READING this, you are nominated!
I do have some questions though, so please hang on, thing through them, and surprise me with your answers.
- If you could change your skin color (could be a solid, pattern, paisley, etc), what would you choose and why?
- What is your biggest pet peeve and why?
- If you could ask me ANY single (one part) question, what would it be and would you like an answer?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- You find yourself in a lifeboat with me. You get to bring one item and I get to bring one item. What item would you want ME to bring?
- Are you bored yet?
- You’re on a train in Portland bound for Baltimore that leaves at 6:07am. I’m on a train in New York bound for Phoenix which leaves at 7:03am. After many stops and delays, our paths cross in Nashville at 2:30pm. What will we eat for dinner?
- If you could be a dog or a cat, which, what kind, and why?
- Do you actually celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day?
- What one thing makes you happiest?
Would love to hear from you soon! Go forth and share!!!